Find out how to easily start using Validoos services.
To begin with, trade item information and product images are only available for the recipients whom the supplier has addressed in Validoo. After that the following logic is used:
At the point in time when the product is made available to consumers, its trade item information and product image become available for all receivers who have signed a Validoo Buyer and/or Validoo Receiver agreement. The information is also made available in our open interface GS1 Sweden ProductSearch. This “point in time” is when the “Consumer first availability date time” provided in the trade item information has passed. If the point in time varies depending on who the recipient is, the earliest point in time provided by the supplier is used.
- If “Consumer first availability date time” is not provided, the point in time is fetched from “Start availability date time” in the product trade item information.
When the product image is to be approved for publishing, customers can choose to “overwrite” the date fetched from the trade item information and manually provide a publishing date for the image. Only dates further in the future than those used in the trade item information logic may be supplied. (Note: The preceding logic can also be applied for recipients that have received trade item information for the product, but it should only be used in the case of design changes, for example.)
How to upload a product image for quality assurance
- You must have both a Validoo account and a Validoo Supplier agreement
- You have had a product image taken for marketing or planogram, using your own photographer or Validoo’s photo studio
- You log into Validoo and order a quality assurance by uploading your product images
- An automated validation is then carried out. You are immediately informed if the image does not meet requirements and can then correct it and upload a new one.
- A manual quality check is then performed. One of our specialists will ensure that the image complies with 30+ rules for image quality and metadata, and also that the image coheres with its trade item information.
- The approved images are uploaded to Validoo for publishing and sharing with your data recipients.
How to order a quality assurance of trade item information
Quality assurance of trade item information entails that a specialist manually checks your digital trade item information with a physical product sample, prototype or print original. A manual check is the only way to ensure that information provided is correct and follow GS1’s standard for trade item information.
How it works
- You have a Validoo account and an agreement for the Validoo Supplier service.
- You log into Validoo and order a quality assurance.
- You sent your product sample to the address on the delivery note within five work days.
- Validoo ensures that 70 attributes in the trade item information for the product sample you have sent us are in agreement with the GS1 standard for trade item information.
Validoo no longer supports Internet Explorer. We recommend you move to a supported browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
Update your browser here:
First Time Login
Validoo uses Microsoft Azure for seamless and secure login to various IT systems. This means that you can easily log into Validoo with your usual Microsoft Office 365 account.
If your company does not use Microsoft Office 365, please connect your email account to Microsoft the first time you log in to Validoo.
Below we describe step-by-step how to connect your user account to Validoo.
- Your company uses Office 365
- Your company does not use Office 365
- What do I do if the registration does not work?
Your company uses Office 365
Uncertain? Find out if your company is using Office 365 here
1.) Click on the button in the email you received from Microsoft. You will land on a page where your email address is predefined.
2. ) Enter your Microsoft Office 365 password (the same as you use for login to your organization account).
3.) Accept that your Microsoft user account is linked to Validoo
You are now logged into Validoo and can start using our services.
Your company does not use Office 365
You who use Gmail etc. need to link your user account to Microsoft
1.) Click on the button in the email you received from Microsoft.
2.) Fill in your password (preferably the same as you use for login to mail account).
2.) Fill in the information Microsoft asks for. In this step, your account is configured with Microsoft.
3.) Enter the verification code sent to your email
4.) Verify that you are a real user
Fill in the number and letter combination
5.) Accept that your user account is linked to Microsoft
You are now logged into Validoo and can start using the services.
If the registration does not work
You have tried to link your user account to Microsoft according to the steps above, but it still does not work
If the registration process does not work, it may be due to one of the following:
- You have a group account (eg email@example.com) .Try instead to create login with your own mail account (eg first firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You have an alias account
Your mail account has one internal name (eg email@example.com) and another name public (eg firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your mail account is not linked to Active Directory or other directory service with user profiles. Contact your IT administrator for set or create a new account (for example, for Gmail or Outlook.com).
Once you have created the new account, please contact your company’s Validoo administrator or GS1 Customer Service to ask for the invitation that linkes the new account to Validoo.
- You have not recieved an email with activation link from Microsoft
First, check if the message has been placed in Spam, Inbox for “Other” or if you accidentally threw it in the trash. If the email is not there, please contact your company’s Validoo administrator or GS1 Customer Service to ask for the invitation from Microsoft.
Contact GS1 Customer Service
Get started and share digital product information and photos with 70 connected recipients in grocery industry, pharmacies, Systembolaget and Foodservice.
- Sign up for a Validoo account. You need this to use our services.
- The second step is to sign an agreement for Validoo Supplier to get your trade item information auto-validated.
- The third step is choosing a system where you enter your trade item information. There are several on the market to choose from. Choose verified system
Are you a retailer, wholesaler, e-tailer or another type of recipient? Get started and receive digital product information and images from 2 500 suppliers in the grocery industry, pharmacies, Systembolaget and Foodservice.
- First, make sure that there is a GS1 Company Prefix (number series) for your company. If you subscribe to GS1 Company Prefix you automatically have a localization number (GLN) to identify you as a buyer in Validoo.
- Order a GS1 Company Prefix from GS1 Sweden if you do not already have it.
- Use the form to contact us regarding the service you are interested in. We will help you get started and sign agreements.
- When you have signed an agreement, get help from the Connection Guidelines to get started.
Getting started with quality assurance of trade item information
- Log on to the data entry system you have selected to enter and send trade item information.
- Log on to Validoo portal and place an order for quality assurance of trade item information.
- If you have chosen a sample type that involves submitting a physical sample, print the delivery note and send the sample and delivery note to Validoo for manual check (the address is on the delivery note).
Once the quality assurance is complete, you will receive confirmation by email.
All systems that communicate with Validoo must use a secure communications protocol.
The protocol has to support encryption and signing to ensure that no information is lost and that there is clear traceability in all transactions. We have chosen the communication protocol AS2 as approved protocol. AS2 is an http-based protocol.
All systems we have verified, have AS2 communications to and from Validoo. If you want to connect your company to Validoo with an AS2 protocol, you will need to contact us for assistance with the connection.
It is possible to switch from the system you are using today to another system. Just contact the verified system provider listed on the Select System Page.
Please keep in mind
- Trade item information that you have published from your current system is already in Validoo Item, no transfer required.
- Make sure that you have published everything in your current system so that you do not have drafts that you are working on locally.
- Make sure you clean out any outdated trade information (for example, products that have expired) by marking them as expired and publishing them again.
GLN (Global Location Number) is used to uniquely identify a company or organization. GLN can also be used to identify delivery locations, invoice addresses, workplaces, branches, as well as functions or roles, such as receiver of goods and authorized clients.
The benefits of GLN
(the video is in Swedish)