Quality assurance rules for product images in Validoo
Fler frågor om Quality Assurance Product Images
Quality assurance plus means that we corrected something in your image.
For information on what has been edited in your photos, please contact customer service with your GLN (Global Location Number) and the date of the quality assurance. Customer service will generate a report and send you a document containing error codes. You can then search for the error codes in the report.
How to upload a product image for quality assurance
- You must have both a Validoo account and a Validoo Supplier agreement
- You have had a product image taken for marketing or planogram, using your own photographer or Validoo’s photo studio
- You log into Validoo and order a quality assurance by uploading your product images
- An automated validation is then carried out. You are immediately informed if the image does not meet requirements and can then correct it and upload a new one.
- A manual quality check is then performed. One of our specialists will ensure that the image complies with 30+ rules for image quality and metadata, and also that the image coheres with its trade item information.
- The approved images are uploaded to Validoo for publishing and sharing with your data recipients.
Validoo’s guidelines and Quality Assurance Rules correspond to Systembolaget’s image manners and brand neutrality. This means that there will be additional requirements for suppliers who deliver product images to Systembolaget.
This specification is intended to be provided to a professional photographer.
Choose a sample which is in good condition and without date stamps. This gives the best images at the lowest cost.
Tips for a successful photography:
- Place heavy samples at the bottom of the package to avoid that fragile samples get crushed.
- Pack thoroughly around and between samples so that they do not get scraped or worn during transport.
- Please send two samples. Then we have an extra sample if the other is damaged during transport.
Refrigerated and frozen products
When taking pictures of chilled and frozen goods in large volumes must be pre-notified, especially photography for the Foodservice and the Norwegian market.
Perishable food products have to be photographed as soon as possible, for example, “ready meals” or a cake. Remember to send them to us in the morning, and never on a Friday afternoon. The products might be bad during the weekend. We give priority to these products when we photograph.
When photographing alcoholic beverages, GS1 Sweden only accept products sent from a Swedish shipping address, as such products may not be shipped directly from abroad to GS1 Sweden.
GS1 Sweden return all product samples after product photography. This freight cost is the supplier’s own cost. Therefore, attach with a return receipt immediately when delivering your product samples for product photography.
Send empty packages to us if you want to photograph your pharmaceutical packages.
If the sample is damaged on arrival we can edit the images for an extra charge. In the same way we can retouch date stamps. If the sample is badly damaged it can be worthwhile sending a new one.
Frequently occurring types of damage include:
- Scraped or scratched sample
- Rusty sample
- Crumpled sample
- Stale content
- Chipped corners on the package
- Skewed or incorrectly placed labels
If you are uploading your own images, you should first check that you have the immaterial rights to the images. It is also important to review your images so that they comply with our quality assurance rules. Remember that before you can upload images or send product samples for photography, you must have a Validoo account.
You can make that choice yourself. Based on the packaging type, decide what will be the best in the photograph. Example: A yogurt in tetra pack, is usually better to photograph as a prototype.
You log in to Validoo. To order product photography, click on the button “Order product photography” button. To upload several images at once for quality assurance of more than one trade item, click on the “Upload images” button. For a trade item, search for the trade item in your Product Overview, select the trade item and click on the “Upload images” button.
When you have placed an order for photography in Validoo, you will be able to print a delivery note on the last page, where you will also find the address to which you should send your samples.
Remember to send the product samples using a courier service (not via regular mail) and pack them carefully so that they are in a good photographic condition when they arrive.
In the standard photography for Retail, you get 1 market image and 1-3 planogram images. (Number of angles depends on the type of package). It is possible to order additional images if needed.
On our product pages, you can read more about what is included in the photography for your market
Yes, you place an order for Quality Assurance Image PLUS and editing is then included. See fees for Validoo for further details.
Validoo has ownership of the images that Validoo photographs for a customer. This means that Validoo has the right to use the images within the framework for Validoo. It is always the customer who decides whether an image should be published or not. Customers can always use images in other ways and in other channels, besides Validoo. If you choose to terminate your agreement with Validoo, you can dispose of your product images in any way you want.
There is nothing in the agreement with Validoo Supplier that prevents you from having agreements with multiple image service providers.
The quality assurance rules describe Validoo‘s guidelines and rules on product images, what is included in quality assurance, how it works, and what results it can provide.
A customer to the Validoo MediaStore Distributor Service may download or subscribe to product images and purpose-customized trade item information intended for Planogram.
Trade item information for planogram includes:
Trade item information retrieved from Validoo Item:
- Trade Item identity, GTIN
- Product description
- Information providers’ identity, GLN
- Availability Date
- Last change date
- Product classification
- Packaging type
- Packaging function
- Trade item Width
- Trade item Height
- Trade item Depth
- Trade item shelf-width
- Gross weight of the trade item
- Number of ingoing packages
- Stacking height
- Minimum durability
En kund till Validoo MediaStores distributionstjänst kan ladda ner eller prenumerera på produktbilder och ändamålsanpassad artikelinformation avsedda för Planogram
Re-photographing of market images
When you upload product images in Validoo MediaStore, we check that the images follow the Quality Assurance Rules. If the image is not approved, we ask you to edit the image, but if there are technical photographical errors, they cannot be corrected by editing, and you need to re-photograph the image.
In the following technical photographical errors, your images need to be re-photographed:
- The image has interpolation artefacts or compression artefacts.
- There are visible signatures, fingerprints or watermarks.
- The image is a scanned image from printed pages.
- The image is not professional and sharply photographed.
- The image is overly-sharp in the digital image processing.
- The image object is less than 1800 pixels when cropping.