Photo manual for product images in the grocery industry
Fler frågor om Blanketter och regeldokument
Validoo Item Operations Manual describes how to interact with Validoo Item. The document should be read by system developers, when setting up communication with Validoo Item.
International trade, GDSN
Validoo Item is connected to a global network of data pools, GDSN, for the synchronization of trade item information. This means that companies connected to Validoo Item can send and receive trade item information from companies in other countries.
How it works
The network (GDSN, Global Data Synchronization Network) consists of a number of data pools in other countries that validate and synchronize trade item information in the same way as Validoo Item. GDSN also includes a global registry that keeps track of where information on each item is stored, i.e. which data pool a supplier is connected to.
Sending trade item information within GDSN
- Find out what data pool the trading company is connected to.
- Find out what terms in the trade item information the trading company needs and what, if any, validation rules or guidelines the trading company or data pool has that must be considered.
- Ensure that your system is capable of creating and managing information according to the recipient’s requirements.
- Ask the trading company when they can and prefer to receive trade item information from your company.
- REcieveTradeItem Information within GDSN
- Create a subscription for the relevant supplier in Validoo Item and export the subscription to the global registry in GDSN.
- Ask the supplier to send the trade item information to your company.
Read more about GDSN Terms of participation
To help suppliers enter trade item information, GS1 Sweden has developed a set of guidelines.
Connection guide for new recipients of information via Validoo’s services (retailers, wholesalers and others who want to receive information)
Guide for those who are recipients of information in Validoo. The guide describes communication methods and how to subscribe.
Guide for you who are becoming a recipient of information in Validoo. The guide describes how to connect to the services.
Interaction rules for reference groups
- Participating is voluntary.
- A company may not be punished for not participating.
- It is not allowed to discuss:
– prices, discounts or other pricing conditions
– boycotts or division of markets, customers, services or products
– market shares, sales volumes, costs and other company secrets.
- A company is not allowed to provide information as to whether the company intends to submit tenders in a future procurement. Also, a company may not provide information about the price levels that will be provided in a future bid or information that may affect such price levels.
- Such discussions as mentioned in paragraphs C and D above, cannot take place before or after user group meetings and anything like them, under GS1 or Validoo management.
- If a participant feels that the group is about to start discussing an unauthorized topic, the discussion must be adjourned until a lawyer with expertise in competition law can give a statement on the topic´s compatibility with the competition law.
- The meeting is to be held in accordance with a pre-determined agenda and shall be documented in a protocol immediately after the meeting.
- Tests or data collection should be controlled by agreements, drawn up together with a lawyer with expertise in competition law.
- The recommendations issued by a committee or a GS1 or Validoo user group are recommendations only. Each individual company is free to make independent and competitive decisions
Reference group meetings and integrity
Each user group meeting is documented in the form of a protocol, drawn up immediately after the meeting and distributed to participants via email.
Meeting protocols include information about meeting participants, with name and organization-/company affiliation.
The permanent participants of the groups can be viewed on the web as well as Our reference groups, in connection to information about each user group.
This document contains the terms for the service Validoo MediaStore which is used for receiving images.