16. Can I use another barcode supplier to verify the barcode and use this result in Validoo Q-lab?
Yes, but the following conditions must be met:
- ISO-certified verification equipment (ISO/IEC 15426-1) must have been used
- The barcode must have been verified in accordance with “ISO/IEC 15416”
- The barcode must meet GS1 General Specifications
- The barcode must contain the same GTIN that was sent to Validoo Q-lab
- The barcode must be a production sample
The company conducting the verification must send a verification report and a photograph of the verified barcode to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for the result to be accepted by Validoo Q-lab. The photograph of the barcode is needed to verify that the barcode is not a prototype.