International trade, GDSN
Validoo Item is connected to a global network of data pools, GDSN, for the synchronization of trade item information. This means that companies connected to Validoo Item can send and receive trade item information from companies in other countries.
Validoo Item is part of a global network
In cooperation with their customers, GS1 has developed a global network of data pools, GDSN, to facilitate international trade. Validoo Item is part of this network. This means that if a supplier wants to send trade item information to retailers in other countries, all they have to do is connect to Validoo Item. It also means that retailers in Sweden only need to be connected to Validoo Item to receive trade item information from suppliers connected to other data pools within GDSN.
The network (GDSN, Global Data Synchronization Network) consists of a number of data pools in other countries that validate and synchronize trade item information in the same way as Validoo Item. GDSN also includes a global registry that keeps track of where information on each item is stored, i.e. which data pool a supplier is connected to.
Sending trade item information to other countries
Before you can send trade item information to a trading company connected to another data pool within GDSN, you must do the following:
- Ensure that the trading company is connected to a data pool within GDSN. Find out what data pool the trading company is connected to. Contact GS1 Sweden's support to ensure that there is a connection between Validoo Item and the trading company's data pool.
- Find out what terms in the trade item information the trading company needs and what, if any, validation rules or guidelines the trading company or data pool has that must be considered. Please send their specifications to us, if possible.
- Ask the trading company when they can and prefer to receive trade item information from your company.
Receiving trade item information from suppliers connected to another data pool
Steps for receiving trade item information from a supplier connected to a different GDSN data pool than Validoo Item:
- Create a subscription for the relevant supplier in Validoo Item and export the subscription to the global registry in GDSN.
- Ask the supplier to send the trade item information to your company.